Welcome to 3 Lights Design, a Residential and Commercial Design Collective located in Berkeley, California, where designing and building are treated as sacred, transformative experiences for everyone involved.
At 3 Lights Design, we provide a wide variety of services to meet not only your design and building needs, but also your needs as a person, including clarification on your intensions, goals, and reasons for undertaking a design project in the first place.
From remodels to ground up construction, from residential to commmercial, from highly-crafted single pieces such as custom furniture and staircases up to large multi-building projects, even counsel to determine if undertaking a design project will actually improve your particular situation or if it is better to wait until other factors–finiancial, emotional, psychological, or spiritual–are adressed, 3 Lights Design is truly your full service solution. In the context of a dynamic, intensely interdependent universe, we do our best to view your project from the largest context possible.
If you’d like to watch a video on working with 3 Lights Design, go here.
Traditional Design Services
- Site Plans
- Plans, Sections, Elevations
- 3D Renderings
- Planning and Permitting Documents
- Construction Documents
- Green and Energy-Efficent Design
- Lighting Design
- Landscape Design
- Se Habla Español (We Speak Spanish)
In order for you to get the most out of your design project, 3 Lights Design offers a whole range of other services to help you be aligned with what it is you are undertaking, including:
- Creating a Well-Formed Outcome: If you have the desire to transform you environment but are unsure exactly what you want, or if you are in a marriage or partnership with another and can’t quite see eye to eye, this process can help you gain clarity and get on the same page.
- The Levels of Psychological Commitment: If you have a clear idea of what you want to do, or want to see how all aspects of your being, including your actions, your beliefs, and your identity are responding to a proposed project, this is a process to make you fully congruent and aligned, allowing you to make better decisions faster as the project gets underway.
- Cleansings: If the place that your wanting to transform has been home to any sort of trauma, such as a prolonged sickness, untimely death, abuse, or loss of a loved one, it is important to acknowledge what has happened there, feel the pain of the trauma, celebrate the gifts of that trauma, clear the space, and make it ready for a whole new beginning.
- Re-imprinting: If you have experienced a trauma in either the place you are wanting to transform or elsewhere, and you find yourself in a less than resourceful state, it is important to address such traumas before beginning a project. Otherwise, in the end the design will reflect you contracted, fearful, traumatized state and not your boundless potential.
I’m a chiropractor who is starting a new business. I’ve been around long enough to know that I need to get the big picture first; a mission statement / vision / purpose before I start getting into the minutia of building a business.
Austin coached me through a process that had me get in touch with my deepest, most creative self in a matter of about 30 minutes. (That’s fast!) What I came away with was that who I truly am is an “Unconditional Loving Host”. Now, no matter what decision I have to make, I always say, “What would the Unconditional Loving Host do?” It has made this whole process connected and meaningful.
Austin is one of my most favorite people in the world. He has such an amazing ability to stay calm and centered AND not take himself or others too seriously. His reflections can be sharp as a knife and they can be soft and empathetic.
–Dr. Matt Green on Village Chiropractic and Wellness Center